Monday, January 23, 2012

Shatter Me
By Tahereh Mafi
'YOU CAN'T TOUCH ME,'
I WISPER.
I'M LYING'
IS WHAT I DON'T TELL HIM.
HE CAN TOUCH ME,
IS WHAT I'LL NEVER TELL HIM.
PLEASE TOUCH ME,
IS WHAT I WANT TO TELL HIM.
But things happen when people touch me.
Strange things.
Bad things.
DEAD THINGS.
No one knows why Juliette’s touch is fatal – but the Reestablishment has plans for her. Plans to use her as a weapon.
But Juliette has plans of her own. After a lifetime without freedom, she’s finally discovering a strength to fight back for the very first time – and to find a future with the one boy she thought she’d lost forever.

MY THOUGHTS: 

WOW! This book has been sitting in my To-Read pile for a while now, but I’m so glad I finally read it. It’s amazing! Before I even finished the book it was half way up my Top 10 Faves list. Shatter Me really is a truly amazing book, it draws you in from the very first page, and then you can’t put it down until you’ve finished it.  If you’re a Teen reader looking for the perfect dystopian romance novel… then you have just found it.
The main character, Juliette, has been locked in a cell, in an insane asylum for 264 days. She’s not crazy, but almost every time she touches someone they die. So it’s probably the safest option.  She is one of those supernaturals that think they’re all alone in the world, that she’s the only one with a power, I love this, (‘cause it’s funny when they find out there are hundreds more) Juliette is sooooo strong! Woo hoo girl power!  She’s always saving people and sometimes even trying to kill them.
Adam.... well what can I say?
              Adam's good points:                                                Adam's bad points:
  • He's drop-dead gorgeous                                  Pft, Adam doesn't have bad points       
  • He's strong
  • He's tough
  • He never gives up
  • He always looks out for Juliette
Adam is a lovable badboy; he’s totally hard core and sweet at the same time… enough said?  
This book really is amazing, I think I could say that a thousand times and you still wouldn’t know how great it is!
        'Addictive, intense, and oozing with romance'
Lauren Kate; author of Fallen
                                       
Shatter Me is definitely a book worth reading again and again and again. So go and put it on your to read list right N.O.W! 
  I'm in LOVE!

Happyreading,
                                                                               

3 comments:

  1. Awesome review!!!!!!! I just ordered this book from the library hopefully I get it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review Maxy! I MUST read this book! And Adam sounds perfect! ;)
    New follower! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice review!

    I really need to push this up my TBR pile. It sounds so good!

    ReplyDelete